College Community Groups
The St Bernard's College community is an important facet of college life, with a rich tradition around volunteering and social justice. During the year many groups meet and organise various functions, all contributing to the community life of the college.
Being a member of any committee enables parents to be actively involved in the life of the college. It is a wonderful opportunity to develop new friendships and to foster a real partnership between family and school.
The links in the menu above outline some of the formal groups that exist with the college structure, including members, meeting schedules, news and meeting minutes where applicable. Some of these groups are described below.
- Ladies Auxiliary – A group of volunteers who meet on the first Wednesday morning of each month. The Ladies Auxiliary provides support with “Special Events” that occur during the course of the year. For more information refer to Ladies Auxiliary Annual General Meeting flyer included with October Letter information pack.
- Parents & Friends Association and their sub committees – A group of parents who meet at 7:30pm on the second Monday of each month. The group discusses topics of interest, helps to plan and support College events, distributes funds to help different departments within the school. Parents and Friends Association is not a fund raising group. For more information refer to Parents and Friends Association flyer included with October Letter information pack.
- Social Justice Network Group – An exciting initiative to get involved in at St Bernard’s is the St Bernard’s Social Justice Network. This group is run by parents interested in engaging actively in justice work as well as meeting on a monthly basis to see how social justice can become alive more fully in their own lives as well as their families. The group meets on a monthly basis in the College Boardroom. For more information go to http://stbernardssocialjusticenetwork.weebly.com/ or contact Mr Chris Knauf – Director of Identity on 9289 1113.
- Community Garden – The VCAL Garden is a project the Year 11 & 12 VCAL students undertake and provides an opportunity for parents, grandparents and students to become involved in the upkeep, planting and maintenance. The VCAL Garden normally operates on Tuesdays (9:00am – 10:30am). For more information contact Mr Chris Mannix on 9289 1024 or email@example.com.
- Friends of Music – A group of volunteers who help staff in the School Music Department plan and organise internal and external musical events. For more information contact Mr Jack Stewart – Director of Music on 9289 1121 or firstname.lastname@example.org.